Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Nursery Inspirations

We are about 97% sure we will find out the sex of the baby at our next ultrasound (scheduled for Feb. 13). So in the meantime, my head has been spinning with ideas for the nursery. This will, after all, be the first time we can create a special room in our house since the first two times we were either trying to sell our place or didn't have a room! Here are my "inspiration boards" for a boy or girl nursery.

Ever since Nick, Max and me climbed to the top of the lighthouse in Key West (Max in a baby carrier no less), lighthouses have sort of been our "thing." We've climbed a few of them since and thought this would be a perfect boy nursery theme.  I adore the blue and white striped feature wall and the nautical wall prints.


Growing up my parents had a million Jim Dine "Hearts" prints all over our house. And to this day, my Mom has many on her walls. With some old pieces from my own nursery, I loved the idea of duplicating it for a baby girl's room. Even though I'm not sure what color we'd focus on, I do love the idea of bright, vivid shades. I'm not one for pretty pastel pinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment