Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Our 2011 Top 10

I've been wanting to make this list for sometime now but with the constant invasion of illnesses in our house (we were hit with a stomach bug this past weekend), it's been a low priority. But, the kids are napping - well I think Max is - so I have a few minutes to make our top 10 moments from 2011.

10. Taking our first road trip as a family. It was a long car ride with two young kids, but worth the memories.  

9. Potty-training Max. It took several attempts and a lot of floor cleaning, but when he was ready, he was ready. 

8. Hosting my family for Easter. It may have been a little stressful at times, but I loved every moment of our first holiday together as a host.

7. Our first Christmas morning in our house.

6. Hiring our first non-related babysitter. It doesn't sound like a big moment, but leaving your babies with a total stranger has a lot of anxiety attached to it. Yet, coming home and finding the kids asleep safely in their beds and the babysitter reading a book versus drinking a beer (like some friends I know used to!) was comforting.  

5. Celebrating my (gasp) 30th birthday. A salon treatment during the day and wine tasting on a beautiful summer night with my husband was perfection. 

4. Violet's first birthday. Celebrating with our family and friends who all made a long trip was special for us.

3. Max attending preschool. A much more emotional moment for me than him.

2. Our move to Cedarburg. After many months of trying to sell our townhouse in Lombard and searching for a house in a town two hours away, we were thrilled to find a neighborhood and a home that was perfect. 

1.  Discovering we are expecting our third baby - a shock to our system, but a wonderful surprise to wait for this summer.


p.s. Max was not napping. A day and a half later, I finished my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment