10. Taking our first road trip as a family. It was a long car ride with two young kids, but worth the memories.
9. Potty-training Max. It took several attempts and a lot of floor cleaning, but when he was ready, he was ready.
8. Hosting my family for Easter. It may have been a little stressful at times, but I loved every moment of our first holiday together as a host.
7. Our first Christmas morning in our house.
6. Hiring our first non-related babysitter. It doesn't sound like a big moment, but leaving your babies with a total stranger has a lot of anxiety attached to it. Yet, coming home and finding the kids asleep safely in their beds and the babysitter reading a book versus drinking a beer (like some friends I know used to!) was comforting.
5. Celebrating my (gasp) 30th birthday. A salon treatment during the day and wine tasting on a beautiful summer night with my husband was perfection.
4. Violet's first birthday. Celebrating with our family and friends who all made a long trip was special for us.
3. Max attending preschool. A much more emotional moment for me than him.
2. Our move to Cedarburg. After many months of trying to sell our townhouse in Lombard and searching for a house in a town two hours away, we were thrilled to find a neighborhood and a home that was perfect.
1. Discovering we are expecting our third baby - a shock to our system, but a wonderful surprise to wait for this summer.
p.s. Max was not napping. A day and a half later, I finished my list.