Monday, October 3, 2011

Bubbles

Last week, Max brought home Bubbles, the class pet. At first, my heart skipped a beat - given my history with goldfish, this was not what I looking forward to for the weekend. However, I soon realized it was a stuffed fish and only had the responsibility of making sure it didn't get destroyed in our possession. So, of course the first thing that Max did when he brought Bubbles home was wrestle it around like a rag doll. I was convinced my sewing skills would have to have been put to test. Mostly, Bubbles came along on car rides to soccer practice, Max's preschool pancake breakfast and running errands. Thankfully, Bubbles made it through the weekend unharmed. But, after Violet was diagnosed with croup yesterday, I thought it best to give Bubbles a wash before returning him to school in the morning. We didn't want Bubbles to be a "carrier!" Max seemed to enjoy his "pet" all weekend and I enjoyed not having to take care of another living creature.

He insisted that Bubbles wanted some cheerios, too!

Drawing a picture in Bubbles' journal. 

Last hug before bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment