Monday, May 23, 2011

Highlights

Here are some highlights from our vacation.

  • Alongside the road, we spotted armadillo, donkeys, white cows, vultures and hillbillies (most of which were in Alabama).
  • No matter how many toys you have to distract her, a 9 month old doesn't care. 
  • But a 2 yr old will be content with scotch tape and a cheerios box. 
  • I had forgotten how much I missed my favorite drink from college - Captain and Coke. It was even more delicious when I could enjoy it while overlooking the ocean and sitting quietly (sans kids) with Nick.
  • Our kids were spoiled with private bedrooms while their parents roughed it on a pullout couch. 
  • I am not a fan of oysters.
  • You can not finish a 1000 piece puzzle in one night (a bet Nick lost) or even in one week. 
  • It didn't rain a drop all week.
  • Max really loves go carts - as do I.
  • It wouldn't have been a vacation without me getting burned (happened on the last day) and a celebrity dying (R.I.P. Macho Man). 
  • And last but not least, in the eleventh hour of in-car travel with two kids, this was the best parenting idea I had.


No comments:

Post a Comment