- Alongside the road, we spotted armadillo, donkeys, white cows, vultures and hillbillies (most of which were in Alabama).
- No matter how many toys you have to distract her, a 9 month old doesn't care.
- But a 2 yr old will be content with scotch tape and a cheerios box.
- I had forgotten how much I missed my favorite drink from college - Captain and Coke. It was even more delicious when I could enjoy it while overlooking the ocean and sitting quietly (sans kids) with Nick.
- Our kids were spoiled with private bedrooms while their parents roughed it on a pullout couch.
- I am not a fan of oysters.
- You can not finish a 1000 piece puzzle in one night (a bet Nick lost) or even in one week.
- It didn't rain a drop all week.
- Max really loves go carts - as do I.
- It wouldn't have been a vacation without me getting burned (happened on the last day) and a celebrity dying (R.I.P. Macho Man).
- And last but not least, in the eleventh hour of in-car travel with two kids, this was the best parenting idea I had.
Monday, May 23, 2011
Here are some highlights from our vacation.